Position: R&D Tax Credit Technical Consultant
The R&D tax credit is an important financial incentive for qualifying Irish companies. The successful candidate ‘’The Technical Consultant’’ will be responsible for onsite visits with clients, reviewing and analysing clients’ technologies, conducting thorough technical interviews with staff members, and coordinating the preparation of technical reports describing the client’s R&D activities. You will demonstrate an understanding of the tax concepts of an R&D tax credit claim and keep informed of current R&D tax credits and grant developments. This will be a client-facing role and the successful candidate will deal with many of the country’s most innovative and exciting companies.
As a Technical Consultant, you will have the opportunity to gain broad practical exposure to cutting-edge technologies across several industries. In this role, you will be responsible for visiting client sites, reviewing and analysing clients’ research and development activities and conducting thorough technical interviews with client personnel. Through these interactions, you will facilitate the technical discovery and interview processes and will be responsible for gathering complete and accurate technical information related to client’s projects. Duties will include:
- Analysing and reviewing clients’ technologies and identification of eligible R&D activity
- Conducting detailed technical interviews in a specific format with Engineers, Technical Managers, Finance Managers, Project Managers, Plant, and other technical leaders
- Extracting commensurate financial R&D expenditures to ensure maximised benefits are claimed for your clients
- Upholding Brathwaite’s strong reputation in a polished, professional way at all business meetings, events, and client interactions
The ideal candidate will be joining a fast-paced small boutique firm located in Dublin. The candidate will be a highly Motivated, Tenacious and Resilient Technical Professional with a demonstrable track record of client management. Someone comfortable interacting at all levels with clients ranging from small firms, through to the largest of Blue Chip corporations. You would also have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Other core attributes:
- University degree, preferably in a field of Engineering or Science, A Masters or Ph.D. level would be an asset.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of work experience in a Science, Engineering or Technology environment or industry.
- Experience in research and development projects in the industry or in an academic environment would be a bonus
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to project a professional image
- Demonstrable technical report writing skills.
- Great presentation skills required for leading meetings and identifying clients technical specifications
- Strong technical questions skills and an ability to articulate complex tax law to technical managers
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with external client personnel at all levels of management
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and to simultaneously handle multiple client projects
- A self-motivated individual who possesses a good work ethic and who has a strong drive and desire to be successful
- Prior consulting experience a definite asset
- Knowledge of R&D Tax Credit legislation and R&D grants would be advantageous,
- A drivers license is essential and must be flexible with travel
Benefits package: Generous and competitive bonus package, holiday entitlement, mileage
About Braithwaite/Why should someone want to work for Braithwaite Technology Consultants?
We are one of the world’s largest independent R&D tax consultancies. Our reputation is based on ethical practices and integrity in delivering our services. Our specialized staff is well versed in taxation law. We have clients in Canada, the UK, the US, France, and Brazil. Internationally, we have recovered over $1 billion, in approximately 16,000 claims, over 30 years. Our company focuses solely on R&D tax credit claims. Our single focus allows us to develop deep knowledge without the influence of competing for organizational goals.
Our scientists and engineers frequently uncover valuable opportunities that others have missed. Often companies have qualifying expenditures not usually considered R&D, leaving money on the table. Our professionals know exactly what to look for and where to look, thus not tying up valuable staff time.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Senior R&D Technical Consultant position, please email Ghazaleh Hashemian your resume at email@example.com